What do you guys think of my 2.5 planted setup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RoboFish808

Aquarium Advice Regular
IMG_4417.jpg 9 different types of plant, and tomorrow 5 multicolored breeding pairs of neocardinia arrive. There’s also two assassin snails and 3 tiny fancy guppy fry.

Nice can you list the foreground plant names and also what brand of fertilizer do you use? I am looking to set up a 10 gal planted tank

Nice can you list the foreground plant names and also what brand of fertilizer do you use? I am looking to set up a 10 gal planted tank

I haven’t had the need for any additional ferts I use low maintenance plants mostly

The foreground features some Dwarf Hairgrass, Needle Spikesedge, some small java fern sproutlings, some Java Moss in the center and also some Sagittaria.

I also use 24/7 lighting from my 15 watt bulb it’s away from a window it stops algae growth and keeps my plants healthy and happy. I regularly prune and trim and make sure every plant is getting relatively equal light

Looking good!
I've always been cautious of having assassin snails with shrimp. However, If you have a source of Malaysian trumpet snails or another snail variety, it would be a good idea to put them in the tank too. It will give the assassins a consistent food source so they dont prey on the shrimp.
https://youtu.be/6qIOVafryig

Looking good!
I've always been cautious of having assassin snails with shrimp. However, If you have a source of Malaysian trumpet snails or another snail variety, it would be a good idea to put them in the tank too. It will give the assassins a consistent food source so they dont prey on the shrimp.
https://youtu.be/6qIOVafryig

Wow, how would they even go about doing that? Crazy

With their harpoon. They are assassins after all.
Shrimp will pick the biofilm off the assassins shell unaware they're playing a game of russian roulette.

It's time for you to get some snails. Nerite, Malaysian trumpet, mystery, etc...they're all beneficial with their population kept in check. I'm sure you keep some fish that will gladly eat a snail or 2.

I have a 10 gal with about 20 blue ramshorn snails.
if I got an assassin snail would it eat all the ramshorn snails or would they be able to repopulate?

I'd recommend putting the assassins in another tank. You could sell or trade the blue rams horns to keep the population in check.

It's time for you to get some snails. Nerite, Malaysian trumpet, mystery, etc...they're all beneficial with their population kept in check. I'm sure you keep some fish that will gladly eat a snail or 2.

I actually have 3 assassins in here they are burrowed, put a nerite in there yesterday too.

My 5.5 planted has 4-5 assassins buried in the snail and a nerite. Makes the brackish estuary theme I went for really work

Back
Top Bottom