what happens when non-fish keepers look after your tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marchmaxima

Aquarium Advice Addict
I thought I'd lost these photos, but I just found them on my spare flash card I hardly use.

When I went to the USA back in May, my friend Tracy took care of my weekly PWCs and my 90yo neighbour came in for daily pet feeds and mail delivery.

Tracy was great. She came over 4 weekends in a row before we left to learn what to do.

But...... Here's what I came back to, god love them.....

disaster.jpg

yes yes, I know... that BBA is still an issue....

disaster2.jpg

And some food to boot

disaster3.jpg

While the clean out took around 4 hours, I am pleased to report that water parameters were all perfect and no casualties.

its why you put a days food in a plastic bag at a time then hide the rest. i am sure the plants saved your fish.

Now that would have been a good thought to have in April...

He said he only did feeds four days a week like I asked. Aside from that little spot in the corner where you can see the remains of an algae wafer, there was no other accumulated food. I didn't have a snail explosion either, so that suggests to me he didn't overfeed to much.

It was more the explosion of plants I came back to.

they do that often we dont see how much they grow. i will take pics of a tank day after day for several weeks so you can see the growth. its really neat.

That reminds me of when I went to Paris and had my friend come over to feed my cats. I came home to about 15 piles of cat vomit and my cats were noticeably fatter. Guess she didn't understand the whole 1/4 cup of catfood a day thing...

Lol a couple of years ago my Nana looked after my Brothers fish while he was on holiday, they came back 2 weeks later and all the fish were dead and the house smelt disgusting, but she carried on feeding them lol, didn't even know they'd died lol

Back
Top Bottom