what is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is that coming out of a bunch of crypt wendtii? I believe crypts produces spathes when flowering (if you've seen a peace lily bud/flower, sort of like that). Not to sure about the jelly stuff...fungus perhaps?
Give it some time and post pics/updates when you can.

It definitely looks like part of the plant but if it is covered in a jelly like substance I am guessing it is molding for some reason. Is there a way to very gently wipe the substance off the plant part? Or take just a little bit of Hydrogen Peroxide 3% no more than 3ml per 10g of tank water, turn off your filters, the slowly squirt the fungus (which would work even better if you could wipe off some of the stuff), and let it sit 20 minutes before turning the filters back on. Then wait and see if the H2O2 kills the substance.

Well I got a bit impatient and thought I'd have a feel n see what it was. Turns out it was a bud :D Unfortunately I broke it off :'( they do have flowers like a spathyphyllum :) wish I could still see for myself what it looks like. Never mind, guessing it'll flower again :)

Back
Top Bottom