What is this algae?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knutsen1122

Aquarium Advice Freak
I can't seem to get rid of this white algae. Does anybody know what it is or how to get rid of it? I have 3 Otos and 2 bristle nose plecos that don't do a thing for it. Any ideas?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404657216.290257.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404657225.758127.jpg

Hopefully someone can confirm or deny, but it appears to be brush algae. What I've read on it before it's because the plants aren't thriving and only surviving. Also not my area of expertise but I believe it has something to do with (too much) lighting. Do you use any ferts-CO2 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

I have been using a small amount of ferts, no co2. That makes sense though, it only seems to be on the plants that my GT is terrorizing.

I have been using a small amount of ferts, no co2. That makes sense though, it only seems to be on the plants that my GT is terrorizing.

As long as that helps, cool !!! I would give it some time for a few others to come by. I believe Mebbid has an extensive background with plants and could offer a lot more than I can.

Funny how that GT is like that with plants and those are stationary. Just imagine what it would do to those Discus.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

Haha I know, Ive been thinking about her relocation. I'll wait and see what others have to say, it's driving me crazy!

Back
Top Bottom