Also, i forgot to mention earlier that some of the long leef plants are Sagittaria subulata, or sag dwarf grass. As well as chain sword and s. Repens. All my stemp plants are growing like weeds. (In a good way though)
The tank size is standard 75gals. 42" long, 18" deep and 18" tall.
I have 2 finnex planted+ 24/7 CC 48" lights that i have reduced to 70% max lighting each. With the customizable 24 hour settings, i have it come on at 9am, with a 3hr sunrise setting until noon where is it at almost max (70% each, except green light which is at 20%) until 3pm. at 3pm the green goes up to 70% so both lights are at max. however the lights are same brand and verson, the model is slightly different so my second light has "true red" lights with a few diodes set aside as red diodes. and it sits slightly higher then the other light. i will attach a pic of the boxs that show the different versions of the light. Pictures of the lights and reflection of diode differences attached.
Substrate is eco complete black as base layer between 1-3.5inchs deep. Blackdimond blasting sand as a cap layer about an inch thick through out. I have been putting seachem root tabs in the blasting sand as well.
I dose thrive+ every other day at 8 pumps.
With before and after pH measurement, i work swing shift 5 days a week so the only time i can really check this is on weekends... And today is Monday. But I know my drop checker never really changes color but I do have it placed on the far side of the inlet/outlet of the filter. I will do ph measurement of after as soon as i can. However when i do check pH usually in the morning or late at night after work (1 or 2am) it is around 6.5-6.8 using the api drop test kit. Although oddly I checked ph before water change saturday and it was around 7-7.2? Last measurement of kH
was around 3-4 and gH
was around 4-5 This was on Saturday before water change.
As far as water changes go, I use 2 44gal brute trash cans that are connected by bulk heads and a 3/4" pvc
so water can flow between the 2. I have a pump with a tube that flows from 1 can to another to make a circulating current so particles dont all go to one trash can. I have found this set up to work well and i get about 2 water changes from it. Picture attached. The water is plumbed from an RO
unit and drops into the top with a float valve. When it is the night before i do a water change i add buffers. About 30g of equalibrium. 40-42g of alkaline buffer and 28-30g acid buffer. I try to do water changes on the weekends. Around 40gals a change so slightly over 50%. Tds
of new water is averages 250.
Tank is about 3 months now. I will attach a picture of the day off instalation and a picture of it now. To show growth and areas in question of melting.
Also just now i have noticed small holes in my tiger lotus leaves but only on one when i was removing as much as the melt that i could.
I was thinking, metricide melt could be a possibility as i have dosed with metricide 14. However after doing research and reading through a few articles, i decided i would go without it i just sont want to risk overdosing. So i stopped dosing that around 2 weeks ago. 2 water changes have happen since i have stopped dosing.
Sorry for the long post. I hope this information helps to pinpoint what i might be doing wrong.