What is this plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishlover3578

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got some java moss and found tiny plant so I planted it . The plant has roots

image-4033540157.jpg

Hard to do with iPod plant is almost size of my fingernail guess I will wait and see if it grows I will ask my mom to ask guy she got moss from what other plants e has it has like 3 leaves I think

Hard to do with iPod plant is almost size of my fingernail guess I will wait and see if it grows I will ask my mom to ask guy she got moss from what other plants e has it has like 3 leaves I think

Does it look like hydrocotyle sp. Japan? The leaves look very similar.

It reminds me of a baby crypt. Does each leaf come from the bottom crown each on it's own stem?

The crown is the growing point that leaves/stems on plants like crypts and swords grow from. The roots grow under the crown. Since each left is growing off it's own stem I think it's a crypt.

I hate to say it but you could probably draw a better pic than those photos! :)

It's definitely not Hydrocotyle, I agree with those that said it looks like some species of crypt. Or perhaps a sword, but most likely a crypt. Let it grow, get some better pics, and we'll be able to get you a more accurate ID. Congrats on the bonus plant! Freebees are always nice! ;)

Back
Top Bottom