What kind of plants??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mysticalkitten

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 55 gallon tank with 2 fancy tail gold fish one is medium size he's not too big and the other is small still growing and 2 other gold fish. I don't know what kind though.

They are medium with one being a orange calico color and a very long tail and fins that look like wings we call him butterfly because he looks like the the other is the same size but a gray calico color and we have a Pleco that's I would say a small hand size now. He's grown since being in this larger tank. I have rocks and a log the only live plant I have is a large Sword plant and a small Anubius plant. What kind of plants would go good with gold fish? My tank looks bear and I would love to see and have room for large plants I think the gold fish would like it too?

112530-albums14710-picture71524.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
More swords, more anubias, java ferns, bolbitis, bucephalandra, dwarf red tiger lotus, floating plants, maybe dwarf sag/vallisnaria could work once they establish roots/shoots/runners.

Goldfish aren't the best fish for plants, so pick the hardiest plants you can find.

Thanks mad a list of plants so I can find them on line and see what they are, I'm still learning about them and finding out gold fish are a lot harder to take care of than tropical.

Even though the water is temperature is reading 75F is that too warm for them?

They seem very healthy and eating good. One even layed eggs but the other goldfish and Pleco ate them no baby gold fish made it.

I'm just starting plants in one of my tanks with a black moor and a ryukin next week but any plants that are going to be a target for them I'm going to get some floating stuff like duckweed to distract them and lettuce until they root fully & send runners out so even if done get nibbled it won't destroy the whole population

I have duck weed too and my goldfish love eating it so far they have not bothered the two med sword plants I have in there. The Peclo has not also. I just need to get some taller plants I have a 55 gallon and with the four fish and Peclo it looks bare. I have rocks a long and a nice big drift wood I ordered on line but it's missing plants

Back
Top Bottom