What plants are in your tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raimeiken

Aquarium Advice Activist
50gal tank
3wpg
DIY co2

Asian ambulia
rotala indica
Lobelia cardinalis [large form]
Micranthemum micranthemiodes
Dwarf Sag
Aquatic clover
Moneywort
Anubias nana
Wisteria
water sprite
Parrot's feather [submerge form]

Ok will give a quick over view, as all these plants are in each tank I have.
Red melon sword Marble Queen Radican Rotala indica Bacopa Moneywort Hygro Tropical Sunset Hygro Luwidiga Repens Riccia and one other Rotala plant, cant remember which one.

I have erm...I dunno LOL

Seriously, I can ID about half my plants (java fern, java moss, anubias, hygro, crypts). The rest are a mystery to me LOL all I know is they are definitely aquatic.

water sprite, moneywort, rotala indica, amazon swords, mystery hygro, crypts (big ones, little ones, fun ones) anubias, various val

Java Fern - Microsorium pteropus
Java Moss - Vesicularia dubyana
Cryptocoryne wendtii var.'red'
Cryptocoryne aponogetifolia
Cryptocoryne crispatula var. 'balansae'
Cryptocoryne parva
Cryptocoryne ciliata
Cryptocoryne lutea
Anubias barteri var 'nana'
Aponogeton ulvaceus

lol I am glad someone can remember all those scientific names for plants, I do good to remember what they are just called much less the true name for them.

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you feel about common names), most Cryptocoryne really don't have common names, unless you want to call them 'Water Trumpets'. Same goes for most Aponogeton species, except for the Madagascar Lace Plant, Aponogeton madagascarensis.

I never liked crypts, they just messed up the look of the tank, their leaves are lke long and they just look messy. I don't know, that's just me.

You're a very silly person, Raimeiken!! :lol: (just kidding). Cryptocoryne are my all-time favorite aquarium plants!!

Well I would run down the list of full beutiful plants that are in my 55gal but my little girl(4) wanted a crayfish so daddy bought it for her and we put in in the tank and he acted like a darn lawn mower :twisted: :twisted:
So now I have a 55 full of stubs!! :evil: :evil:

Anubia barteri var. nana
lysymachia (creeping jenny, green var.)
Miyaka
alternanthera reineckii pink (and the red variety)
java fern
green hygro (yuck)
wisteria

Back
Top Bottom