What plants are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

myBrainHurts

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have two separate plants I recently got and would like to know what they are.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424390134.995389.jpg
This one I have had for about two weeks and it's growing quite a bit, almost like a sword.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424390190.113867.jpg
This one I recently got a few days ago. It has holes in the leaves, but it looks like they are supposed to be. The leafs feel a bit thinker than most of my other plants.

Also can someone tell me what this is on my dwarf sag? I just got it today and am not sure what it is, just some white bumps on the leafs.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424390348.257769.jpg

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

1 looks like a red melon sword maybe 2 is a madagascar lace as for the sag do you have nerite snails?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not sure about the first, but the second is a madagascar lace plant, very nice plant! I would agree with the egg statement, looks like you might have some fry soon!

Thanks for the input. And I have one large mystery snail. I just put the dwarf sag in today so those eggs are from something outside of my tank.

The tank they came from likely had nerites, they should break down and disappear in a few days or so.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have confirmed that the tank they came from did indeed have nerites so I have nothing to worry about at this point.

Ok I did a water change for my friend today and the only have a 14w fluorescent on their 10 gallon but she has a plant growing like wildfire so she gave me a couple smaller plants to see how it does in my tank. She thinks it's water lettuce but I don't think so but I can't figure out what it is. Any ideas?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424462365.841473.jpg

Back
Top Bottom