What plants are these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big Bubble00

Aquarium Advice Regular
So... I got a new tank for my little sister and new substrate that I never knew how to use (now I know) and bought some plants for her betta. What plants are the tall ones and the big leaves one?
Are the big ones anubias? If I have another one of those big leaved plants in my goldfish tank, will they destroy it?
20171022_095848.jpg

In place of an expert, I would guess a sword plant for the one with large leaves and maybe bacopa? for the other ones. But see what everyone else thinks as pretty bad at plants.

It's hard to tell but maybe the stem plant is ludwigia repens and the big leaf one might be an oriental sword.

In place of an expert, I would guess a sword plant for the one with large leaves and maybe bacopa? for the other ones. But see what everyone else thinks as pretty bad at plants.

Agree, sword for the large and bacopa for the stems. Both low light easy to grow plants. Great starter pack [emoji106]

My goldfish had a go at most plants from memory - you could try though.

Yep goldfish love to eat plants! I’ve found mine munch on most plants. However they have stayed away from my crypt wendtii, Java fern, anubias. Crypt parva didn’t survive and hydracoyte japan got stripped to bare stem in a matter of hours haha. Anything that’s thin tends to get smashed but broader leaf plants seem to survive but get a little chewed from time to time [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom