What plants to get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guggiboy123

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I will be getting plants for my 20 gallon long tank. This is the first time I'm going to be planting a tank. I have low to medium light, and I would like your suggestions on some hardy plants that don't need a lot of light

I would say amazon swords, anacharis, Anubis nana, you could try jungle vale also, java moss and hornwort

I would have to look that up but I'm sure someone else will post some information

This is from another thread that has a huge list of plants in alphabetical order so I'm not taking any credit but hope this helps

Common Name: Star Grass
Scientific Name: Heteranthera Zosterifolia
Category: Stem Plants
Temperature: 66.2 - 82.4F(19 - 28C)
pH: 5 - 7
Lighting: Medium
Growth Rate: Fast
Difficulty: Easy
Origin: Brazil
Position in Aquascape: Background, Mid-Ground

What type of light and bulbs do you have? Water sprite, wisteria, crypts, corkscrew val (is better is a shorter smaller tank than jungle val), dwarf sag, four leaf clover (not the dwarf), ambulia, micro or chain sword, without knowing your lights pearlweed (baby tears) is questionable.

Also what type ferts are you using? Are you using any liquid carbon like Excel?

This is from another thread that has a huge list of plants in alphabetical order so I'm not taking any credit but hope this helps

Ok I think I could possibly do Tht my ph is high tho would Tht be a huge problem my ph is between 8 and 8.2

Also could u post a link to this thread I would like to check it out

What type of light and bulbs do you have? Water sprite, wisteria, crypts, corkscrew val (is better is a shorter smaller tank than jungle val), dwarf sag, four leaf clover (not the dwarf), ambulia, micro or chain sword, without knowing your lights pearlweed (baby tears) is questionable.

I cannot afford frets at the moment will be getting some ASAP. Hold on let me check on the light

I believe the light is a zoo med t-5 HO flora sun max plant growth fluorescent bulb (24 watts )

Then you should be able to do pearlweed but place it where is gets the most light if possible.

Back
Top Bottom