what plants would go well in my aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hummingguppy

Aquarium Advice Regular
In the land of potatoes. otherwise known as Idaho.
Hello, I am just deciding to turn my plastic plant aquarium into a live plant aquarium. The thing is, is that a really like how my aquarium looks, so I don't want to change to much except putting plants in. I have a low light aquarium, with gravel. The gravel is bigger than normal, each piece is a little less than a half inch. I am looking for light feeders, so I don't have to fertilize wherry often, if at all. I already have some anubias in there and I LOVE it. I am looking for plants of different sizes, and I like thin grassy looking ones, too. Thanks for your help. :fish2:

If you want to keep the look of your aquarium can you please post a pic and I might be able to help. I have a lot of plants all easy to care for, the most I do is I put in root tabs every few months

Hello, I am just deciding to turn my plastic plant aquarium into a live plant aquarium. The thing is, is that a really like how my aquarium looks, so I don't want to change to much except putting plants in. I have a low light aquarium, with gravel. The gravel is bigger than normal, each piece is a little less than a half inch. I am looking for light feeders, so I don't have to fertilize wherry often, if at all. I already have some anubias in there and I LOVE it. I am looking for plants of different sizes, and I like thin grassy looking ones, too. Thanks for your help. :fish2:

What about a marimo moss ball? I have 1 of them for sale and they are low light and low maintenance.

With gravel that large you'd be best sticking with Anubia, Java Fern, and possibly Bolbitus. None have to be planted in the gravel. Most stem plants with maybe the exception of Wisteria or Water Sprite wouldn't do well in large gravel. Those are all very easy to care for plants.

Back
Top Bottom