Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-06-2007, 02:36 AM   #1
kaz
Aquarium Advice Addict

what should I buy for Plants?

I'm looking for what is out there and good for pruning, planting and overall tank and filter maintenance?

6 Rummy Nose, 9 Ottos, 2 Yoyo Loach, 1 Golden Nugget Pleco, 2 Julli's Cory, 4 Angelicus Botia, 1 Chocolate Kuhli Loach, 3 Ghost Shrimp, 1 SAE, 1 Black Mollie, 1 Redeye Swordtail Mollie, 1 C-Pleco, MTS, Guppy's
Plants
Argentine Sword, Amazon Sword, Micro Sword, Xmas Moss, Pennywort, Hornwort, Jave Fern, Baby Tears, Moneywort, Ludwigia, Wisteria, Giant Bacoba, Hygro 'Sunset'
kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:20 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Re: what should I buy for Plants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaz
I'm looking for what is out there and good for pruning, planting and overall tank and filter maintenance?
as far as... tools? or what kind of plants? your post confuses me

Old 04-06-2007, 04:05 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Your hands and scissor is enough. Tank and filter maintenance as usually. JMHO.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:28 AM   #4
kaz
Aquarium Advice Addict

tools what i ment lol
6 Rummy Nose, 9 Ottos, 2 Yoyo Loach, 1 Golden Nugget Pleco, 2 Julli's Cory, 4 Angelicus Botia, 1 Chocolate Kuhli Loach, 3 Ghost Shrimp, 1 SAE, 1 Black Mollie, 1 Redeye Swordtail Mollie, 1 C-Pleco, MTS, Guppy's
Plants
Argentine Sword, Amazon Sword, Micro Sword, Xmas Moss, Pennywort, Hornwort, Jave Fern, Baby Tears, Moneywort, Ludwigia, Wisteria, Giant Bacoba, Hygro 'Sunset'
kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:32 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

For pruning and planting, I find that the best tools are a nice sharp pair of scissors made from stainless steel, a long pair a of tweezers, and a small pair of tweezers (the kind for removing splinters). The long tweezers are used for the majority of planting, and the small tweezers are used when planting a foreground carpet like HC or Glosso.

For scrubbing the glass, I find that a razor blade and a palm size square of polyfiber work well. The razor blade quickly removes any extra stubborn accumulation while the polyfiber will quickly and gently remove the rest.

For cleaning filters and short tubing I find that that same piece of polyfiber works well. In addition I use an inexpensive toothbrush and a small brush intended for cleaning the nipple of a baby bottle.
Purrbox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plant, plants

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com