What the heck happened to my wisteria?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikewastaken

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone, hoping for a little guidance here. I've had an established 30gal tank for about a year now, and been doing VERY well with water wisteria and so-so with a pair of Amazon swords. About a month ago I trimmed my original single wisteria, which had gotten very lush and tall, and replanted so that there are now 6 stems coming up around the tank. Until two days ago they all had seemed to be thriving. Then when I went to feed the fish in the morning I saw that every single wisteria stem had lost almost all its leaves, which had browned and sloughed off. So within a period of 48 hours this happened.

FWIW the Amazon swords seem to be doing as well as ever and the fish are fine too, though missing the foliage. No appreciable changes to water quality and I haven't touched the heater or lighting settings. Last water change (25%) last Thursday, and I replaced my filter and Purigen bag on Monday.

So is this a thing that wisteria does or has something gone awry? What should my next steps be to get this wisteria back to its former self, if it's possible?

IMG_20161117_183841192.jpg

IMG_20161117_183901911.jpg

Back
Top Bottom