What the heck is this??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RugbyBunny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Cleaning my tank tonight and noticed these spaghetti looking things on my driftwood. It’s only on this one driftwood. Fish are all happy and content. Any ideas?!

IMG_0115.jpg

Are they moving, like worms?

They look like algae type plant growth. I feel like I saw something like that recently, I'll try and remember where.

Are they moving, like worms?

They look like algae type plant growth. I feel like I saw something like that recently, I'll try and remember where.

Nope they don’t move unless the water around them is moving, ie filling the tank or swishing water around it. Otherwise it’s just there. I looks rooted into the wood ??*♀️

It seems much thicker than Staghorn Algae? Search out some pics and see how it stacks up.

Personally if it is a cool think I hate just randomly killing stuff in the aquarium. But cool could also be a pain too, BBA is one.

So the good news is if it doesn't seem to be a problem, it doesn't seem to be an emergency. So a few days or weeks to figure it out maybe. Also sometimes wood grows stuff and after a while it just disappears. My daughter had some growing "mushrooms" type things. So it is also possible it is a fungal growth. That doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing.

And it can be killed if needed.

Back
Top Bottom