what time of day do you dose ferts? (and why)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

what time of day do you dose ferts?

• morning

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • midday

• evening

• Total voters
I dose in the morning. It probably doesn't really make a difference but it seems logical to dose when the plants can photosynthesize.

MAcros and trace in the morn. Extra fe @ night so I don't get precipitation from it and the PO4.

sorry this may be a bit off topic but do you dose fertillizer every day??? I thought you were only supposed to do it once a week. what brand ferts do you use?

AshleyNicole - The frequency of dosing ferts depends on the needs of the plants. For a low light tank once a week may be more than sufficient. In a High Light tank more frequent dosing is often necessary. It's also easier for some people to remember to dose a smaller amount every day instead of a bit more every other day or twice a week.

ashley--i use travis' dosing scheme, and dose everyday except saturday. it works really well for me (as long as i can figure out wether my test kits are accurate.) i don't know the link to the thread offhand, but i'm sure you can find it if you search. it's for highlight co2 injected tanks.

i have a low light 1.5wpg 10 gallon tank and i dose with plantgro once a week.

Back
Top Bottom