What to do with ph monitor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

albinooscar

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just setting up a planted tank with CO2 cylinder and milwaukee SMS122 ph monitor but don't know what to do with ph probe. Do I just hang it in the tank? Can it be fully submerged? :oops:

Ron

Just set one up last week myself.

I HOPE you can submerge the whole probe...cause I did. I have mine wedged between my heater and filter intake (but as I think about it...that may not be a good idea).

I am thinking doing a little modification to some of those heater suction cups you can buy...break the holder part and move it closer, glue it with aquarium sealant, so it will hold the probe.

...has anyone else done anything similar, or found something that works?

WC

You'll need to be able to get to the probe to re-calibrate it with buffer solution every month or so. Just keep the Diod in the water and you can submerge it, I believe, tho I don't own one. Near the intake is fine is my guess.

You can get some suction cups (four in a pack) from Big Als for about $4.00, maybe less. Thats about what I paid for some Rena XP3 suction cups for replacements on a few that flattened out over time. Seems kinda spendy for 4 little cups, but they're quality Rena rubber, I suppose.

I just hang mine in the corner of the tank. The suction cups that come on those little glass thermometers also fit just right..

Back
Top Bottom