What would be the equivalent light level?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay, I have w 65w bulbs over my 29 gallon. One is a 65w "plant" bulb. It is pink, and has one big spike at 450nm and dies down by 380 and 520 (approximate) nm. The other 65w is a 12000k and has spikes at 350, 450, and 500, with little spikes in between. I'll try to take a pic. I was reading around and people were saying 12000k was useless for a planted tank, but isn't the nm values more important than the k value? Like the ge 9325, which is supposedly a nice bulb, and its made up from the "spikes" in the spectrum.

So would this be like the equivalent of 100w or is the 12000k totally useless?

both temp and spectrum are important. 12000K is a bit high, but I don't think it would be useless. That is quite a bit of light over a 29.

Here's a pic..

IMG%5D
etig5v.jpg

IMG%5D

Well, I didn't really want to go with the 50/50, and 1 bulb would be 2.2wpg, 2 would be 4.4, so.. I wanted some carpet plants, and started co2/ferts, so.. hoping for the best.

IMG%5D

yup, as long as you are keeping an eye on your N/P/K dosing, and dosing some trace and Fe, and injecting CO2, you ought to get some good results. I have 96W of t5ho on my 29 (half 6700k and half 10000K) and my plants grow like crazy. I trim once a week.

I got some bacopa caroliniana, and as a stem, its putting out roots at each of the sections, and its looking ugly, so is this good or bad? Its about 5" high and seems too short for a trim..

Yeah stems will do that from time to time. You could trim it and plant the old section, that might help get some new growth with no roots.

Back
Top Bottom