What would happen if.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Atxpunx

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I froze some of my flourish comprehensive in order to get some micro nutrients down to my sword roots? Would it stay down or move back up to the water column?

Interesting. Did you bury the ferts or just let them sink? Either way, I still think it would move back up into the water column. Root tabs trap the nutrients in clay to keep them in place.

Well I got the idea from using osmocote as a DIY fert to put in the gravel. The osmocote I have has no micros and I'm hesitant to do it at the moment as I dosed the tank yesterday. I would bury it under my swords and let it dissolve once under.

So I made my first attempt at this last night on a sword with obvious deficiencies (transparent leaves). Given the frozen state of the flourish, and it thawing under the gravel, I imagine it would keep some micro nutrients in the area I want. After all what keeps dissolved dry ferts from coming back up to the water column?

Back
Top Bottom