Whats the best subtrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sonoma2nv

Aquarium Advice Activist
whats the best for a planted aquarium.I have been looking at eco complete. And should i use it with some small grain pebbles?

I wouldn't mix Eco-Complete with anything else. As far as fertilizers go I highly recommend the Flourish products from Seachem. Depending on what plants you have how much lighting you are using you should consider Flourish, Flourish Tabs, Flourish Iron, etc.

Seachem ferts are probably the best on the market but can get very expensive if you've got a very big tank. The cheapest (by far) way to go is to buy your ferts in bulk dry from www.gregwatson.com. Pricewise they are ten times cheaper than anything else out there.

Ok i bought some seachem flourish and seachem flourite 30lbs its going in to a 29gal.And i bought some small grain pebbles to mix.but should i mix or just get more flourite later on?

Don't mix it, and you need at least another bag of flourite. I use 2 bags in a 20gallon to get the proper 3" depth.

I assume you're going with at least 2wpg over this tank? There's no real need to get fancy with substrate unless you're going for at least medium light.

Well i am going to get a aqualight with 2 65w pc.so that will be 2.24wpg. as of right now i got some java fern and some java moss.ITs a 29gal tanks has been running for 11/2 years.and what range should gh and kh be.im new to this kind of test.I bought some drift wood.i used fishing line to anchor the drift wood to slate until it sinks.Right mow i have a 20w buld that came with it and a 18in 15w on the to.I plan on using the diy co2 when i get the lighting.Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom