What's the best way to keep strong healthy plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it depends on alot of things... how deep is your aquarium? how much light are you using? what kind of plants are you keeping or wanting to keep? what kind of water are you using.. ph, hardness and such.. :D

I think the only way to properly answer this sort of question is: "With lots of money."

(my wish list is very long)

In other words, the best advice we can give you is to read the sticky threads at the top of the Plants forum and then maybe ask some more detailed questions. I hope this doesn't sound too off base :D We really do want to help but your question is like asking, "How can I make my car go faster?"

Too many possibilities . . .

That's like asking "how do I lead a happy life?"

basically you need to provide enough light, and the proper nutrients to your plants.

14 inches is that a 55 gallon tank? if so 200 watts sounds like alot you might need to invest in a CO2 system while your at it.. read the 2nd sticky on the planted aquarium page it gives the nutrient values needed and alot of other useful information.

Honcho said:
hydrilla verticillata and cabomba caroliniana. Depth 14 inches. 200w lighting. (As suggested)... Does that help?

not really.
200w of what kind of lighting? over what size (dimensions or capacity) tank?

14 inches is a pretty shallow tank...standard is about 18 inches. this isn't bad, it just means you'll get more intense lighting at the bottom, making carpet plants, particularly glosso, easier to grow.

But 200 watts of light, in a shallow tank like that, probably means it's 50gallons or less, and that means you'll definitely need proper CO2 injection to avoid an algae nightmare.

Back
Top Bottom