What's this deficiency?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's hard to say exactly. If you are referring to the yellowing then calcium, magnesium, iron and nitrogen are the most likely but if it's the newer leaves then it is more likely to be the immobile elements such as iron as the plant cannot move this to the new leaves. Magnesium is very mobile so if you have magnesium deficiency you should see improvements straight away simply by adding magnesium sulphate.

It is also possible that you have too much of one or more nutrients that is outcompeting something else. This is called nutrient antagonism.

IMG_2565.JPG

But perhaps you don't have enough co2 or too much light? Could be many things and different species may react differently to shortages or excesses.

Make changes slowly and one at a time if you want to pinpoint the exact problem or you could try adding a bit more of everything whilst reducing light and uptake. Just don't go overboard.

Good luck

It's hard to say exactly. If you are referring to the yellowing then calcium, magnesium, iron and nitrogen are the most likely but if it's the newer leaves then it is more likely to be the immobile elements such as iron as the plant cannot move this to the new leaves. Magnesium is very mobile so if you have magnesium deficiency you should see improvements straight away simply by adding magnesium sulphate.

It is also possible that you have too much of one or more nutrients that is outcompeting something else. This is called nutrient antagonism.

View attachment 295791

But perhaps you don't have enough co2 or too much light? Could be many things and different species may react differently to shortages or excesses.

Make changes slowly and one at a time if you want to pinpoint the exact problem or you could try adding a bit more of everything whilst reducing light and uptake. Just don't go overboard.

Good luck
Hi thanks for the input! I was referring to the dark part on the leaf on there right in the middle. Perhaps there are not very much micros?

Also I have the top of the tank sealed cause I am working on killing some midge flys. Could there be oxygen deprivation?

Hi thanks for the input! I was referring to the dark part on the leaf on there right in the middle. Perhaps there are not very much micros?

Also I have the top of the tank sealed cause I am working on killing some midge flys. Could there be oxygen deprivation?

In my personal experience I always found translucency to be a co2 issue. I would let the tank 'breathe' again if I were you. Or put a lid on that doesn't seal completely.

Edit: I thought you reduced/stopped adding micros?

In my personal experience I always found translucency to be a co2 issue. I would let the tank 'breathe' again if I were you. Or put a lid on that doesn't seal completely.

Edit: I thought you reduced/stopped adding micros?
Yes I use no micros now

Back
Top Bottom