What's with these leaves?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyMamma

Aquarium Advice Freak
All of a sudden a bunch of leaves on some floating plants tied to branches are turning brown with a lace pattern on them. Any ideas?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1436865667.146879.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1436865683.719203.jpg

~ Sent with an unladen European swallow

Gosh looks bad, well I'll start. Is it lower or upper leaves on plant? Changed anything in ferts dosing or lights? What are you doing at the moment for ferts, co2 (if any) and lights for the plants. Got any tank chemistry readings?

Did it start as areas going rotten on the leaves or holes in the leaves? My suspect would be potassium is needed but only a guess.

Looks like an epic melt&plant looks to be water wysteria...I agree with Delapool's request for additional info..another question is how long have the plants been in the aquarium?
And if if intact it is wysteria(may be changing over from emersed to submersed growth) you may get better results planting it in your substrate with a root tab near the base of the plant... I'd definitely remove as much of the dead and or dieing plant matter as possible to reduce the chances of it fouling your water chemistry..

sit in silence...

Back
Top Bottom