When Dosing Excel question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaz

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had and have my xp3 outtake facing the surface to cause aggitation to keep the co2 at ambient levels, I also have running at night airwond and a power jet running once in a while. They told be to do so since I i do not have a Co2 system. I had algae outbreak about a month ago and was told to use excel to stop it, so I did and it worked but I also have been dosing excel ever since every other day. My Question is should I now stop the aggitation of the surface or keep it going, will the aggitation let the excel exscape the water do to the aggitation or I am ok?

Surface agitation will have no effect on the excel. It is not CO2 and does not gas off. If what you are doing is working do not change it.

Rich is correct, Excel is comprised of usable carbon and is not like the CO2 produced via injection which needs to have a stable water column or it is dispersed before it can be used by the plants. What you are doing is fine.

Back
Top Bottom