when to add fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lornajane89

Aquarium Advice Freak
I kno the header sounds dumb but what i mean is..

My 100g was recently cycled with ammonia and had playsand/aquasoil substrate. I had added plants and was almost ready to put fish in when i had a change of heart and decided to swap to jbl manado substrate so i tore down my tank keeping everythin wet and dug up all the sand, leaving just soil and put down the new substrate cap this took about 3 - 4 hours. Now do you think i should cycle my tank with pure ammonia again with the plants in or should i just put a few fish in and stock slowly. All params are fine 0.0.20 (tap water has 10ppm nitrates) and hopefully my bacteria is still ok. Ive been putting food in until i decide what to do. What do you reckon.. I dont know if i could face another 90% pwc after dosing ammonia again.

Ive got 7 juvenile angels, 4 rainbow cichlids, 1 african leaf fish, 5 polkadot loaches, 1 leopard frog pleco waiting to go in.

You should be able to dose some ammonia and see how fast it goes down. If the cycle is still good, everything should return to 0 (except nitrates unless you do a WC) after a short time.

Back
Top Bottom