where can i buy Christmas moss?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raimeiken

Aquarium Advice Activist
I can't find any of this stuff in online stores. It's harder to find it because it doesn't have a scientific name. :? Anyone in here have any kind of moss [except java] that they want to share? I want to build a moss wall and place it behind my tank.

http://www.floridadriftwood.com/product.asp?3=108

I haven't any experience ordering from them. I had been thinking about ordering christmas moss from them at one time to build a moss wall, but shelved the project. I've read in other groups/mailing lists that it can be difficult to grow and will only retain the triangular frond shapes in cooler temperatures.

While I researched christmas moss I found this site: http://www.nature-aquarium.com/xmas.htm which was what inspired me to look into making a moss wall. I had considered ordering from him, as no one local at the time seemed to have it. But I know absolutely nothing about him and he's kinda far away (in singapore).

smilla4...

I edited your post so that the link to nature-aquarium would work. The comma you had after the URL was preventing the link from working properly.

BTW....I checked that web site and I only saw mention of them delivering within Singapore. Maybe I missed something?? Good link though....I haven't seen that one before!

LOL. oops! :oops: Good catch. That may just be another reason why I didn't order :). I had bookmarked it a while ago, and it was late when I posted that last nite. So I guess I wasn't thinking very clearly. (Or it could be one of the special spacey moments I get sometimes) Thanks for fixing the link!

Thanks fruitbat!

I couldn't find it, so I bought some of those square plastic canvases you use for making 3 dimensional cross stitch things. I will attach the front to the back with fishing line, and cut holes in the back panel for the suction cups.

Back
Top Bottom