Where do you get your plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tleyton

Aquarium Advice Activist
My LFS doesn't have the best selection of plants and my local chain stores (petsmart and petco) don't have a very large selection either. In particular I'm Looking for pennywort and anarcharis. I have found them online but they are so expensive to ship and I have heard bad stories on getting dead or snail filled plants. Anyone know of a good place?

My LFS doesn't have the best selection of plants and my local chain stores (petsmart and petco) don't have a very large selection either. In particular I'm Looking for pennywort and anarcharis. I have found them online but they are so expensive to ship and I have heard bad stories on getting dead or snail filled plants. Anyone know of a good place?

Tried the classifieds on this forum. 90% of my plants have come from members here.

I use Aquariumplants.com.

My favorite plant, Bolbitis heudelotii, came from there. Could never find it locally. My last shipment from there was pretty generous, too. I recall some extra stems and clusters of various things being in the bags ;)

I use Aquariumplants.com.

My favorite plant, Bolbitis heudelotii, came from there. Could never find it locally. My last shipment from there was pretty generous, too. I recall some extra stems and clusters of various things being in the bags ;)

i used to buy from there but their shipping got rediculous

It says online they (petsmart) have anacharis but went I go there they have mondo grass and bamboo. They have a decent selection of the packaged top fin plants. I bought a couple of those but they don't have ones I want.

I just ordered from peabodysparadise.com
My order literally just came in today.
I ordered a brazilian pennywort for $4.50
A java fern for $3
2 dwarf baby tears for $10
And they through in a ludwigia for free! Shipping is flat rate 7.50 2 day shipping. Havent planted them but they look good!
Theres a coupon code "get10" for 10% off order too :)

Came to $25
But I dont trust petco, and thats my only lfs. Talk about snail infestation!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131011_151400.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131011_151400.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 55
  • ForumRunner_20131011_151425.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131011_151425.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 51
  • ForumRunner_20131011_151439.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131011_151439.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 51
  • ForumRunner_20131011_151458.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131011_151458.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 43
Wow! That's awesome! Those plants do look great and super well priced. The one website I looked at was like $30 for shipping! Thanks for the coupon code! Yea, my prepackaged petsmart ones were snail free but they're expensive and very limited. (y)

I know most places I looked online were 19$ shipping and stuff.. crazy...

Back
Top Bottom