Where To Buy CO2 Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think they'd probably last forever, but need to be tested every few years.

I got mine at a local Robert's Oxygen, I think it was around $80 filled and refills are around $20.

Steel vs Aluminum...co2 tanks.

I've been looking around also, I have basically the same local price. The thing is the local one for me comes filled. Also they only do exchanges, so if I bought that fancy alum one, then I would get a steel one in exchange when I get it filled.

Also for me its a better deal to get a 10lb tank locally, $137 filed vs. $115 for a 5lb filled, lasts 2x as long and only $3 extra to fill

i looked for place in town that fills them.and bought from them.Was at a fire extinguisher shop;paid 75.00 can.including first fill for a 10 ibs. 15.00 for refill after.5 lbs tank was 50.00 and 10.00 for refill.First i went to Big Als. and asked where they got there tanks filled was only a few blocks from them and over 1/2 price less then getting from them.

Im trying to find a 5 lbs. CO2 tank for my 55 G planted aquarium.

My question is where is the best place to buy one? locally they want $114.41 but online they want $57.95 + shipping... 5 lb. Aluminum Co2 Tank | BeverageFactory.com

Is there a difference between aluminum and steel tanks?
how long would a 5 lbs. tank last?

I found local wedding supply store in Yellow book, in "Wedding supplies and Equip..."

Brutus-

Do you live in Pennsylvania? Do you mean the Big Al's in Norristown? If so, then maybe I can get my CO2 at the place you are referring to...

I bought mine online at aquariumplants.com but if beverage factory is cheaper, buy from there. :) Locally they wanted way too much, which is why I bought online.

Just make sure that places locally will fill your own tank. I ran into issues with only 1 place locally able to fill my own tank (without charging an arm and a leg) and they recently changed ownership and don't do that anymore.....so to make a long story short, I ended up trading mine in to save money. :( No more new shiny tank.

yeah im in ontario.the big als here sends tanks to a local fire extinguisher shop.Maybe they do the same there.Big als then marks up 100%

Try a search of the yellow pages under gas, and under welding supplies. The place I got mine sells gas refills for CO2 extinguishers but also as a welding gas. The way they do it is to take in a tank and give you a freshly filled tested tank. They will accept a tank that you have bought in trade for a full one but they also sell a full tank for about what it would cost to get one on line. I avoided buying a special tank since I would be trading it with them every year or so anyway. They take care of the tank testing when it comes due so all I pay for the rest of my life is the charge for refilling. The 10 lb tank I bought costs about $12 to refill, a 5 lb costs about a dollar less and a 20 lb is a dollar or two more to fill. Most of the refill charge seems to be a labor charge for doing the filling and profit for the shop. The gas itself costs next to nothing in this equation.

Back
Top Bottom