Where to Purchase Plants Online?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shrike37

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am about 3/4 through my fishless cycle of my first aquarium and have decided to go low tech planted (no CO2).

My local fish store doesn't have a very good selection of plants. Where would you suggest I shop online?

While you are here, any suggestions on my planned plant list?

Java Fern
Amazon Sword
Bacopa coraliniana
Anubias barteri nana
Staurogyne repens
Brazilian Pennywort

29 Gallon Rectangular Tank (18-inches high)
Finnex 24/7 Light
Gravel Substrate (finer grain than average gravel) @ 2-3.5-inches deep
Aquaclear 50 (HOB) Filter (no carbon)
pH 7.8
Hard Water (I don't know the numbers, but it is definitely hard)

Last edited by a moderator:
You can find plants listed for sale in the AA Classified section. Sometimes you find some really god deals.
As for online stores, I've shopped at aquariumplants.com, plantedaquariumscentral.com, and peabodyparadise.com (run by an AA member!)
Plant list looks fine. The Staur repens might struggle a bit but definitely worth trying.
I like that fixture. If you run it in manual mode, you can adjust the light output accordingly. The 24/7 mode produces some nice tones.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I am about 3/4 through my fishless cycle of my first aquarium and have decided to go low tech planted (no CO2).

My local fish store doesn't have a very good selection of plants. Where would you suggest I shop online?

While you are here, any suggestions on my planned plant list?

snip!

That looks like a nice plant list. If you have plain gravel, you'll want root tabs for the swords. Seachem makes good ones.

I had a very good experience buying plants from PlantedAquariumsCentral.com . (y)

And good choice with the 24/7. I have the earlier "Planted+" and now wish I had spent a few more bucks to get the 24/7 model.

When you get going, be sure to post pics! :popcorn:

Another good site is aquariumcoop.com for those common plants it has great reviews and the owner has a youtube account aswell with alot of info.

Another good site is plantdrafts.com

Very good prices on that site.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom