Which is better?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rreekers

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a tank that is 26 inches from top of water level to top of substrate.

I have a Compact Fluorescent light fixture, that holds 2, 40w 17in bulbs.

for plant growth would it be best to have:

A. a dual daylight bulb that is 6,700k/10,000k
B. a SmartPaq bulb that is 10,000k Daylight/460nm Actinic

or 1 of each?

what level light does this provide me with in your opinion, LOW? Medium? high?

Is this two 40w side by side, or two bulbs arranged lengthwise?

Either way, definitely the 6700/10000K.

they are side by side... its a 60g hex tank.

and OK thank you :)

what level of light do you think that gives me?

Hmmm, tough call. I actually just yesterday picked up a Current USA Satellite fixture (albeit a 40w, and for a 10g). It looks like the reflector is alight...

It depends on a lot of factors, so it's really hard to say... But certainly no more than medium. Probably medium low at the substrate level, but that's total conjecture.

aqua_chem said:
Hmmm, tough call. I actually just yesterday picked up a Current USA Satellite fixture (albeit a 40w, and for a 10g). It looks like the reflector is alight...

It depends on a lot of factors, so it's really hard to say... But certainly no more than medium. Probably medium low at the substrate level, but that's total conjecture.

yeah the man I purchased these from used then for 10g SW tanks. I thought I would give it a shot because it its definitely better than my original 3 bulb 15w t8 fixture .. price was right on these also, package deal for $50 included 2 of these lights, 2 10g tanks, azoo air pump with backup battery, tons of air stones, a few cheap filters, some clip on lights, spou ge filters, and a case that it all fit into. :)

I've had the lights for 3 years, used on and off ... I think I'm going to order some new bulbs that's why I ask what would be the best

medium/low light is great and sufficient for my planted community tank, at least I think it is.. the liquid ferts have been helping ( flourish) just started doing flourish excel along with regular flourish 3 days ago

Back
Top Bottom