White ribbon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jcala

Aquarium Advice Activist
My white ribbons seem to be not doing so well.. And I'm also starting to get brown Algae?

I have a 20 gallon high tank. Lighting I'm using a t-8 floramax bulb. Using 2 API products- co2 booster and leaf zone. My substrate is fluval stratum. What can I do to make them healthier?

Attachments

• image-3878414734.jpg
    image-3878414734.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 106
  • image-2142737062.jpg
    image-2142737062.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 88
  • image-2818607132.jpg
    image-2818607132.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 70
Sorry to tell you this but White Ribbon is not an aquatic plant. If left in the tank submerged it will slowly die, rot, and pollute, the tank. If your tank is a new set up the brown stuff is diatoms. They are self limiting and use excess silicates in the water. Once the silicates have been exhausted the diatoms will go away on their own. Keeping lights on only 6 hours will help and if they bother you look into getting a nerite snail or two as they love diatoms.

Sorry to tell you this but White Ribbon is not an aquatic plant. If left in the tank submerged it will slowly die, rot, and pollute, the tank. If your tank is a new set up the brown stuff is diatoms. They are self limiting and use excess silicates in the water. Once the silicates have been exhausted the diatoms will go away on their own. Keeping lights on only 6 hours will help and if they bother you look into getting a nerite snail or two as they love diatoms.

Grr I hate my LFS they said it'd be fine! And the tank is about 6-7 months old now? So if that's new then yea! And I have Japanese trap door snails and mystery snails also

Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom