White spots, eggs? on glass and plants!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andyvette

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have bright white spots on my glass and plants. They are decent sized, and arent part of the plants, but on top of them. They are also on top of the glass (inside). They are about the size of my gourami's eye to give you a realistic size. And are actually about the same size. What the heck are these things? They don't move, and when I scrape them off with my fingernail, they are pretty light, but they leave a small white residue still on the glass and plant that I cant get off! GRRR

Help please?

FYI- Check my info for what plants/inverts/fish I have.

Thanks everyone!
Andy

Then I have no idea lol The only thing I know about snails is that it only takes two and they can switch sexes to reproduce... @__@ maybe someone else can help

Devilishturtles said:
Do they look like this? (second picture down)

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/sept2003/invert.htm

Likely Nerite snail eggs.

Thats them!
Is there a fish that will eat those, and how do I get rid of them? (including the residue left behind)

Here are some pics of it on plants.

img_626217_0_8bcdc2fc14ba8943c2dee144278c61bd.jpg

Botias will eat the eggs, probably the snails too. Switch from nerites it brigs? At least they lay eggs above the water line, and are easy to control.

Andyvette said:
Puriti said:
ooooo then I was right then...go me for guessing! lol...

You definately are the man.... :turn-l:

Now can you guess how I can get rid of the residue? 8O

clean razor blade will shave it right off the glass. Do not attempt on acrylic though.

Back
Top Bottom