White stuff on sand substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Satchel_Paige

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello there. I've been rather enjoying my 29 gallon planted tank and since it has finally finished cycling and I added all the fish my tank has been a joy. That being said the last few weeks I have started seeing groups of white stuff that seems to sit on top of my black sand substrate. I originally thought that I was over feeding so I reduced how often I feed and used the last space in my tank for a clean up crew. I vacuum the sand and do 10-30 percent water changes weekly depending on my levels and only add water that I let sit with prime for a few days. Is there any idea what could be causing this? And how do i get rid of it.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It is a freshwater tank. It seems to be almost flaky once I vacuum it up. I will try to post a picture when I get home. My fish don't seem bothered by it and my water levels are fine. Just is unsightly and worried it could lead to problems in the future

This is the best pic I could get as it has just started coming back from my last cleaning. Its the stuff near the base of the plants

Attachments

• 1424395115302.jpg
    1424395115302.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 115
Back
Top Bottom