why do my plants look like this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you have some sort of bad hair algae growing on the leaves. i would think it is growing because of the window near the tank.

I figured that. What if I add CO2? Do you think that can help?

yes co2 would help, but a blind or something to block light from the window would also help a lot. you can try co2, or turning off the lights and covering the tank with a dark blanket for a few days.

Forget it, Co2 do not work. And no light will not work needer.
Reason for that his, more Co2 will help the plants grow faster and in the same time combat they algea. That will work only if you have the right amount of fertilizer to help it grow.
Putting your plants in the dark, will kill algea. But will put you plants at risk to.

What will work is excel double the dozing, for at least 1 week. But that will not stop from coming back.
You have fertilizer problem. So go on Google, type aquarium algae, I promise you will find what you need.

P.s. In my opinion, if you don't have a good quantity of plants. They may not be able to combat some types of algae.

You can put a background on your tank.
You can do an excel "dip" or research other methods. Amano Shrimp may help as well.

Black out for 3 days or at least cover window and reduce tank lighting to only 3-4 hours a day.

Window light will grow a lot of algae.

I turned off my light since it is next to the window. The shade on the window never goes up. I have ghost shrimp in there. Thank you for all of the answers.

Back
Top Bottom