will ALGAEFIX help me with green hair algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nilesh7318

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have green hair algae in my tank and its very bad. My tank is medium planted tank. i have reduced the lighting also. I have used "algaefix" yesterday and still cannot see the algae reducing. The water has turned a bit cloudy now.

How much time will it take for algae to die and go away

What are your water parameters? Are you using CO2 injection? Algae is usually caused by excess nutrients in combination with lighting/CO2.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Do not actually know my parameters. I don't have test kit. Have co2 running DIY yeast type. Also I add PPS pro dry fertilizer but only adding potassium nitrate and potassium sulphate, but not the mono potassium phosphate so as to avoid adding phosphate to control algae. I have lot many plants but not fish yet, I have to add dry fertilizer.

Do not actually know my parameters. I don't have test kit. Have co2 running DIY yeast type. Also I add PPS pro dry fertilizer but only adding potassium nitrate and potassium sulphate, but not the mono potassium phosphate so as to avoid adding phosphate to control algae. I have lot many plants but not fish yet, I have to add dry fertilizer.

You need to add phosphate, it's important for plants. Algae do not care about excess nutrients you need adequate, stable supply of carbon, a non limiting nutrient supply, an 8 hour photoperiod and 50% weekly water changes. If you don't meet the requirements of the plants then algae will take the opportunity to grow instead.

I wouldn't use Algae Fix. Instead, dose some glut or Flourish Excel directly on the algae via a pipette. Afterwards, adjust ferts and do water changes weekly of at least 30%--you can do more if you want.

Back
Top Bottom