Will dwarf hairgrass survive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pickles12807

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just set up my first aquarium a while ago and decided to do live plants after the fact. I've done really good about researching what plants will do well in low light with no CO2 or anything (anubias, anacharis, water wisteria), but yesterday I saw some super bright green cool looking dwarf hairgrass and bought it on a whim.

Now that I've researched, I know that it isn't going to grow in my setup, but was wondering what the changes are that it'll even survive? I don't mind the look of just having little patches, but I'm guessing it won't even survive?

I have a 20 gallon long with a standard 17w light that came with my aqueon hood since I wasn't initially planning on doing plants since I didn't know anything about it. I have sand substrate and have placed some Flourish root tabs around my plants, but haven't used any other fertilizers.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

It may survive, chances are it won't spread much. If it grows, it will grow up, towards the light, instead of out.

Back
Top Bottom