Will my pleco eat micro sword

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skullminerteam

Aquarium Advice Activist
So i was thinking of doing fantasy grassland theme in my 20 gallon but i am worried if my pleco will suck all the micro sword (which is the only carpet plant we have in my area) out of the gravel or damage it!

What kind of Pleco?my albino bn doesn't touch my micro sword, just keep em well fed and it should be fine.

I wouldn't worry about it. The plant eating pleco stories are few and far between.

What kind of Pleco?my albino bn doesn't touch my micro sword, just keep em well fed and it should be fine.

I dont know i got it from an assorted pleco tank at the lfs but someone says he is a gibby. He is about 1.5 inches long

Pleco's really don't eat plants. They have been known to rasp on large leaf plants such as Amazon Swords but they are rasping off algae and biofilm and not literally eating the plant even tho they can cause damaged areas. The only thing that could happen is if you have a larger pleco they could accidently knock plants around if they are on the bottom of the tank, say for feeding. Be sure to give him a piece of DW.

Pleco's really don't eat plants. They have been known to rasp on large leaf plants such as Amazon Swords but they are rasping off algae and biofilm and not literally eating the plant even tho they can cause damaged areas. The only thing that could happen is if you have a larger pleco they could accidently knock plants around if they are on the bottom of the tank, say for feeding. Be sure to give him a piece of DW.

Yeah i am treating dw for him. He is a baby so no knocking.

Back
Top Bottom