Will Seachem Flourish line harm my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrkGumby12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just bought a brazilian sword and 2 marimo balls for my fancy goldfish aquarium to help with nitrates a bit and for the beauty of them.. But i'm curious if using the Seachem flourish line of products (excel, comprehensive and iron) will have a negative affect on my fish.. Thanks for the help, and/or suggestions..

They're completely harmless to fish. You won't have any problems using Seachem products. What's your nitrate levels btw?

I'm about to buy some Seachem Flourish Comprehensive, too. Do you add directly to the tank, or the water before you do a water change?

callisto9 said:
I'm about to buy some Seachem Flourish Comprehensive, too. Do you add directly to the tank, or the water before you do a water change?

Always add it directly to the tank. It never needs to be pre-dissolved. If the place you get it offers bulb pipettes you should pick up a few. They only cost a few cents and make dosing easier and more accurate, though they aren't essential.

Just to note...
Excel and Marimo Balls don't get along very well. Be careful not to hit them with a strong dose. Dose Excel far away from the Marimo and/or premix it into a cup of tank water before dosing into the tank.
Your Goldfish may rip up the Marimo. Mine always have, but they leave my other plants alone.

I use sea seachem flourish comprehensive aswell :) I really like it my plants are growing heaps more since using it and fishies are fine I even have shrimp in there too.

GrkGumby12 said:
Just curious as to why the marimo shouldn't be dosed with excel??

They are a type of algae. Glutaraldehyde tends to kill algae.

Back
Top Bottom