Wisteria question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCrazyFishLady

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a giant lump of this stuff in my 55g that, honestly, I have let grow a bit out of control. It was originally three separate plants, but it has all kind of grown together. I cannot remove just one plant.

Can I just cut the stems and put them into a different tank? I don't have any other tanks that are set up to the same quality as this tank. All the rest are just basic betta set-ups.

Or should I just make it simple, cut it back and toss the trimmings?

I can't let this keep going. My rainbows and danios are running out of room. Although, they do enjoy sleeping in it. It looks like I have no fish at night!

Hello TheCrazyFishLady
Yes you can just cut the stems and put them in a different tank. I started with just 4 stems and now I have over 25. The wisteria plant grows so fast that you will end up tossing the trimmings.

Give it to your friends! I've given away loads of the stuff. It's a weed.

When my wisteria gets out of control, I cut the tops, toss the bottom (minus any growing ends you can salvage), and replant the tops.

I think I have wisteria in almost every permanent tank I own. It's a good plant.

I've bought from hobbyists, and their almost always better than any company or website. Selling my own plants gives me the willies though. I was planning on doing a RAOK when my wisteria gets all bushy again.

RAOK?

And I'm sure they are. It's the whole online money transaction that scares me. Oh well.

So, does this stuff need special lights at all? I literally have the most basic lights on my bettas.

Random Act Of Kindness. I used PayPal for all my transactions, and they'll protect you from fraud.

My GF has wisteria thriving under a 10w CFL in a betta tank

I have tried re planting trimmings as suggested but the replanted stem always dies below the substrate. Not sure why but something to look for.

Alright, thank you. Will watch for dieing. I could post on Craigslist to just come pick some up for free. I have water lettuce too, that I throw out probably two sandwich bags full every week.

Back
Top Bottom