WOW! new way to get co2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
looks like carbo plus to me too.. and according to folks around here, they don't work well, are wicked expensive to keep up, and eat your kh.

well it does look like the carboplus thing but a few hundred dollars cheaper lol. it may not be good for a bigger tank but maybe for a small tank 20 gal or under it may be good. for like 50 bucks its worth a try if it replaces the need for c02 bottles and mixtures. if i lived in the states i would order it. but shipping to canada will be to much.

But the rplacement carbo blocks is expensive as well. I don't see a real savings. It only costs me 12.00 to refill my tank, and so far, my first tank has lasted 5 months on my 75G. And that's a 5lb tank. So if I have to refill 2 times a year, that's 24.00/year. The carbo blocks are much more expensive than that.

i guess thats true. but how often do you have to replace the carbo block? its 40 for a replacement block but if u dont have to do it very often then it might be worth it. lol i just thought it was cool. i am getting my regulator soon soo i am excited to finally go pressurized. i hope it all works out.

I am highly suspicious of it's efficacy...and I am not sure that I would want to be running an electrochemical reaction in my tank...especially one that produces hydrogen (however little) as a byproduct.

Someone needs to engineer a CO2 system that works on vinegar and baking soda. Forget the refills, and expensive regulators :lol:

mr funktastic said:
i guess thats true. but how often do you have to replace the carbo block? its 40 for a replacement block but if u dont have to do it very often then it might be worth it. lol i just thought it was cool. i am getting my regulator soon soo i am excited to finally go pressurized. i hope it all works out.

You have to replace the block every 2-3 months.
Doesn't work if your water isn't really hard.
Even then, doesn't work that well in anything above 20gal.

Hence: skip it.

Back
Top Bottom