Yeast getting into tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mbjrc

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok well ive set up a 10 gallon planted tank, and i am using a DIY yeast mixture. A few days after i set it up, there was this white whispy growth at the end of the tube where the co2 goes up the ladder. I was stupid and had the line going directly fron the bottle into the tank. So i took it out, cleaned it up and put a break with the tube going into a soda bottle and another going out into the tank. But now the groth keeps coming back, what is it and how do i get rid of it? Im using normal yeast you get in the 3 packs down the baking aisle. Its only where the Co2 goes into the tank.

one that prevents back flow? No, what would that do though? The water in the tank isnt back lowing into the bottles.

I check valve just keeps it from siphoning aquarium water into the bottles...doesn't prevent yeast from getting in the tank usually.

I'd try a gas separator like the one joy linked to, making sure you have your tubes in the same length that the pic shows (or close). If you still have the growth, then it could be something else.

So I did the gas separator just as the link showed, but I'm still getting the white wispy growth at the base of the Co2 ladder. Any ideas of what else it could be or I could do?

hard to tell with out seeing it. could be some algae or bacteria build up. have you took it out and cleaned it?

I took everything out and washed it before building the gas separator. I cant get a picture of it, its in the back of the tank and comes blurry. All I can say is its attached to the tube where the co2 comes out, its white, it reminds me of a cotton candy.

Back
Top Bottom