Yellow stain on gravel...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mouthy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone, something recently popped up within my tank and I've searched through the web for some idea of what is going on exactly. Attached I have a pic of what is going on, basically a section of the gravel is turning yellow (pee yellow) and I have no clue on what to do, assuming I should do something.
The second pic is just my tank as a whole, I don't know if that would help but Ima put it up just in case! And just in case this also helps, I have terras, an amp and nano shrimps, Pygmy corries and some amber/ember fish.

Attachments

• IMG_2541.jpg
    IMG_2541.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2536.jpg
    IMG_2536.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 50
Do you have an external media reactor, by any chance? Many times, if you are using GFO, and you didn't rinse it, it will turn gravel and or sand into a yellow to brown hue. Especially where the reactor output line projects.

An FYI: If you have one, it'll work against your plants (as I see your tank has some plants)

Do you have an external media reactor, by any chance? Many times, if you are using GFO, and you didn't rinse it, it will turn gravel and or sand into a yellow to brown hue. Especially where the reactor output line projects.

An FYI: If you have one, it'll work against your plants (as I see your tank has some plants)

Nope nothing of sorts. And as for any chemicals that I do put within the tank, I only use Leaf Zone for the plants but i don't think that can do this.... right?

Leaf Zone is very yellow, but I can't imagine it would fall so concentrated and not dissolve into the water. I'm curious to see what you learn.

Leaf Zone certainly wouldn't do this. What equipment or decoration do you have in that specific location?

No equipment near it except a 50w heater on the back wall which is about 3inches from the stain. Surrounding this spot are three cholla wood and almond leaves about 2 inches from it.

Back
Top Bottom