Yes another please help me ID this plant thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
It is driving me nuts. This plant grows like crazy but I haven't been able to figure out what it is yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1001619.jpg

1001618.jpg

That sure looks like Potamogeton gayi to me. Does it put out a lot of trailing roots? Here's a picture I just took of the plant in my tank. Does yours resemble this one at all?

Potamogeton_gayi_190306_x800.jpg

Travis it has no roots at all! Just tons and tons of shoots. There are parts of it that are planted, I planted them and the rest is rather free floating. It has small stems with as I say no roots, and branches out like crazy. It grows like a dirty weed. LOL I was beginning to think it is the dandelion of the aquatic world.

I don't know the scientific name off hand but it looks like something I've seen called Star Grass.

That appears to be it! Oh thank you so much! High light my butt! Frequent trimming is not an understatement. The tank has a 15 w bulb in it. LOL Plant Geek says needs high light, apparantly not in my tank! The funniest thing about this plant is that there are no roots! It has a million shoots that can free float in the tank and then they grow long stems seemingly overnight. About half that pic is actually planted the other half floating and sprouting like mad. It really does look like stars when the shoots spring off. I am putting some in another tank to see what it does. When it does I'll take pics, cause the name is really appropriate.

Back
Top Bottom