Yes finally!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gillie

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I was getting tired of the way my tank was looking and decided to go with a cleaner easy to care for look, but as always my simple idea got complicated. Most of the plants were easy to get then of course plants that had been fairly common in the last year became scarce, but luckily that all changed today.
I am switching from this
img_1444916_0_08fe09d2d549f24a44c8af09fd98dd44.jpg

To something more like this
img_1444916_1_d6d07d9cacdccd3846a62c001b029ccf.png

The only difference being that I never did source the Ammania so it is being substituted with Ludwigia inclinata 'Pantanal' and the rest of my plants should be here mid week. YAY:dance:

that looks cool. you ever think of moving your spray bar to the side of the tank so it flows the long ways and you get some more current in there? I had my spray bar facing the front and I ended up taking off one of the attachments for the bar and moved the bar to it flowed the length of the tank and the fish were much happier.

that looks cool. you ever think of moving your spray bar to the side of the tank so it flows the long ways and you get some more current in there? I had my spray bar facing the front and I ended up taking off one of the attachments for the bar and moved the bar to it flowed the length of the tank and the fish were much happier.

Thanks, I was thinking about moving it, I will try it when I start the rescape. I don't think my killies really like the placement as it sits anyway.

NP I learned by experience in mine. you may want to take out the middle section and use the smaller section so it has better current flowing across. I am now wanting to put more plants in my tank but thats after I rehome my blue lobster.

Here we go, I got some stargrass as an extra in one order so there will be a hedge around the L. Pantanal and I am waiting for the E. vivipara. Now it's just gotta fill in.
Quick pic please excuse the algae
img_1455375_0_12b62a8d0894f24912bb3da9b09651b3.jpg

Thanks, setup and planting was easy. All of my stress came from sourcing a few of the plants. What a nightmare, I was close to giving up on the layout, now I'm glad I didn't.
I did a small trim and plant with the HC, scraped the algae, water change, and moved the spray bar to circulate end to end, so it looks a little nicer now.

Last edited:
looks much better. not that it looked bad before, just looks great now! post pics when it grows in :)

Very nice tank, i'm in the middle of redoing my aquascape (I have literaly no idea how to start). If I may whats that white tube coming down with the ball thing at the end. I'm just wondering what that is.

Very nice tank, i'm in the middle of redoing my aquascape (I have literaly no idea how to start). If I may whats that white tube coming down with the ball thing at the end. I'm just wondering what that is.

That would be the co2 supply line and a very ugly diffuser.

Gillie said:
Here we go, I got some stargrass as an extra in one order so there will be a hedge around the L. Pantanal and I am waiting for the E. vivipara. Now it's just gotta fill in.
Quick pic please excuse the algae

I am just glad to see that I am not the only one with algae in there tank ;). The hc looks very healthy and happy!

Here's the cleaner pic from today. I just have to figure something out for a background, for some reason I didn't paint it before setting it up.
img_1459366_0_1997f530c845bccede6342eda3ed56b2.jpg

Gillie said:
Here's the cleaner pic from today. I just have to figure something out for a background, for some reason I didn't paint it before setting it up.

Looks even better, I didn't know it was possible to have it look any better! What kind of fish do you have? They look nice!

Gillie said:
Yeah, getting rid of the ugly green blob made a big difference. The fish are assorted male killies that I will hopefully be finding mates for soon.

I LOVE killifish! Could you post some up close pictures?

Back
Top Bottom