Ziggy's Ridiculous 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Simply beautiful, Ziggy! Three thumbs up!

Thank you!!

I just got back with a different heater. The one that came with the tank was silver and white and would have stuck out. I wanted a very small one but hey were all preset to 78 and I do not like keeping my tanks that warm. Opted for a black one that should be hidden by plants once they grow in.

I have 6g of water treated and warming up now. I also picked up some S. Repens (tissue culture) to start the planting.

I am going to try and get the tank running today/tomorrow and increase the plant mass over the next week.

:dance:Ziggy, if I should die before I wake & there’s such a thing as reincarnation, can I be a fish that lives in your tank?

Thanks! I’ll look like this. Not all fish.

Attachments

• F57C105B-E845-487D-85A6-86BA3589812C.jpeg
    F57C105B-E845-487D-85A6-86BA3589812C.jpeg
    17.2 KB · Views: 52
Getting lazy man.. didn't even build your own rig? Tank needs 100% H2O

For this little thing it was not worth going through all that, besides LEDs have come a long way since I was building my own lights.

The tank will be filled today. I ordered more plants, they should arrive before Wednesday.

Yeah & Amazon has many nice reasonably priced lights. I waaaay overpaid for my 3 Fluval Aquasky LEDs. As in $140 each plus tax for the 48-60” ones. I am less than awed by their features. I most like the sunrise/sunset thing, which I created using a $8 dimmer switch attached to LED bulbs suspended from the ceiling above the two 55 G tanks.

Yeah & Amazon has many nice reasonably priced lights. I waaaay overpaid for my 3 Fluval Aquasky LEDs. As in $140 each plus tax for the 48-60” ones. I am less than awed by their features. I most like the sunrise/sunset thing, which I created using a $8 dimmer switch attached to LED bulbs suspended from the ceiling above the two 55 G tanks.

I put a RADION® XR15 G5 FW - Not exactly cost effective but what can ya do? I intend to add a few more on a much larger setup when I move into my house. This apartment living is for the birds!

Ok so tank update.

Moss is on a piece of DW. S. Repens is planted on the right side of the tank. Dwarf HG is planted on the left/front of the tank. Water is in, filter is running.

Yay.

I suppose you all want to see some pics.....

pm2OEFzQj

pok9Fei2j

pmK7JEGvj

pnWNAf3Aj

And now for some water in the tank...
pno3cOGjj

pnbTWB5Vj

The water is a little cloudy but that should go away quickly. I will do a water change right before planting the new plants. Fingers crossed.

Got it, Ziggy. Now I know why my plants drop dead and yours will reach the ceiling.

I see you resize your images. I need to learn how to do that. What device are you using? Do you have an app? I mostly use my iPad, but have android devices.

Got it, Ziggy. Now I know why my plants drop dead and yours will reach the ceiling.

I see you resize your images. I need to learn how to do that. What device are you using? Do you have an app? I mostly use my iPad, but have android devices.

Photos are taken on iPhone 14 Pro Max - hosted by ImageShack and I just link them. The site automatically resizes them for me when I post here.

Quick update.

Did a water change and planted the new plants. Also started the CO2. I am going to have to dig out my regulator and use a full size bottle so I can have the CO2 come on before lights on and out before lights out. The manual thing isn't going to work for me.

Anyway here are a few pics as of today.

po4LJb1vj

pnheBxvqj

posnEnlSj

poVsoKOfj

Looking good, Ziggy!

I’ve lost track, why the CO2 infusion? I’ve only saw those when I was briefly in a plant forum & people used them for red plants.

Looking good, Ziggy!

I’ve lost track, why the CO2 infusion? I’ve only saw those when I was briefly in a plant forum & people used them for red plants.

Pretty much all plants require some amount of CO2. I am injecting so they have a consistent supply.

Back
Top Bottom