Zombie plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boogety48

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it possible to bring a plant back to life after all the leaves have died? All of the roots still look ok and the stems near the roots are green. I'm not positive of what the plant is but it looked like anubius. If this is possible, what is the best way to do this? Right now I just have them floating on the top of the water. I cut off all brown parts the best I could.

Depending on the plant and why it went downhill, yes. Can you post a pic of it and maybe a pic of what it used to look like?

I have cut every leaf off of amazon swords and they've come back in full.

Sorry for not posting any pictures last night. I had to find my camera. The plant in the old pic is not the white ribbon plant but the other one. They've sunk in my tank and have gotten caught on other plants so that's where I've left them for now. I took them out because I found out a lot of the plants I had were not aquarium plants so I pulled all my plants and tried to keep them alive the best I could. I really liked this plant so I'm hoping I can bring it back. There's more green in them than is showing up in the pictures.

Attachments

• movedplants2.jpg
    movedplants2.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 56
  • P3080546.jpg
    P3080546.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 66
  • P3080549.jpg
    P3080549.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 62
Here's an update. My plants are both fuzzy white at the bottoms (around the root area) and starting to form little bitty roots coming out of the fuzz. I'm doing water changes every other day to keep my water parameters under control. I don't have any fish in the tank so I'm not really worried about it doing any damage to any fish or anything while it grows the roots back out.

So far my parameters are: (50% water change will be done tonight)
pH 7.4
Ammo .25
Nitrites .25
Nitrates 5.0

Back
Top Bottom