Free: DIY foam background and sand waterfall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I made these about a year ago.

IMG_20161212_193054.jpg

IMG_20161212_193113.jpg

I wanted to set them up where they could be liberally removed from the tank and cleaned or repaired, ect ect but in the end the foam proved to be to buoyant and to be properly installed they would need to be silicon-ed to the tank glass like any other foam setup and I decided to bail.
Im saddened by this because I do think they came out pretty good and everyone who sees them in person loves them.

I cant bring myself to toss them so I figured the next best is to see them given to someone who will USE THEM.
I would ask to have shipping paid and to have pictures of them installed and functioning afterwards.

One caveat, as seen in the picture of the wall, is that in order to weight the background down (which didnt work) I tried to silicone a heavy tile to the back. This may increase shipping.

If you want to reshape or reduce the walls piece feel free but the sand waterfall piece would probably benefit by being left in tact.

All pieces are fully cured dry lock paint, supposedly 100% aquarium safe and ONLY 100% aquarium safe silicone was used.

Not sure what the demand for these would be but if one or 2 people are interested Ill go with first come first serve or splitting between them if each only wants a certain item.

If more people show interest I might try a number generated raffle.

If no one is interested I will figure out something else I guess.

They were supposed to go into this tank but I decided to try something else for the background.

IMG_20161210_201903.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

The shipping would be around 15-20$ once boxed up

Back
Top Bottom