For Sale: Isopods and Leaf Litter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DreaminginBlue

Aquarium Advice FINatic
For those of you who have reptiles or terrestrial hermit crabs as well as your aquatic critters, I have breeding colony of isopods (Armadillidium vulgare) which has been running for around 5 months. The oldest juveniles are 5 months old and just a bit over 0.5 cm. They're captive bred, are coloring up nicely, and are fed plenty of natural leaf litter, veggies, fruit, cuttlebone, eggshells, etc. They make excellent clean up crews in terrariums and crabitats. Some people use them as feeders as well. Garden enthusiasts add them to their compost piles.
If anyone is interested in some, let me know. I can alternatively wait until they are more mature if you'd like. I do have a limited amount, so the first to contact me will have priority.
For isopods, terrestrial hermit crabs, and aquatic invertebrates, I can collect leaf litter. I sanitize it (by rinsing and freezing) and then dry it. My hermits and isopods love it blackberry, oak, and rose leaves. My shrimp have oak and rose leaves, though they're more interested in stealing the corydoras' wafers. :lol:
You will have to pay shipping, and I will include extra isopods in case there are a few shipping-related deaths. I'm still unsure on pricing, but if anyone is interested we can work it out.
Thanks. :)

Interested in some oak and rose leaves if you'd be willing to sell some?

Back
Top Bottom