Free: RAOK : white worm culture start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brennae

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm dividing up my white worm culture and would like to share. Tell me why you would like one and what you plan to feed it to. I will pick 1 to 2 winners. If you are under 18 I will have to have parent or guardian permission to send this to you. I'll use priority mail from USPS. These only run like $5 but not everyone has access to them. I pay shipping. Totally free! Please make sure you know what they are and how to care for them before they arrive. Also know that these become hosts for other little bugs and need to be kept in a cool dark place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1442451703130.jpg
    1442451703130.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 132
Very nice of you to do this! I might have to try for this if there aren't many other contestants lol. One question: About how big are they? I would like to get the start of this culture if they are at least 1/2" because my puffers need to eat! Lol only one takes frozen and the other one is dumb so I need to resort to live food. I guess this counts as an entry lol.

I'm in on this!
I would feed them to my GBR, pearl gouramis and any other fish in my DT possibly.
I am over 18(a little) and would definatley use them properly!
I could swap your good deed with micro worms or vinegar eels if you do not have either?

Fully grown which takes awhile I have some that are an inch long or a tad longer. They are slimmer around most blackworms.

I'm in on this!
I would feed them to my GBR, pearl gouramis and any other fish in my DT possibly.
I am over 18(a little) and woulddefinatley use them properly!
I could swap your good deed with micro worms or vinegar eels if you do not have either?

Ooooohhh feisty!
Lol forgot to include I'm under 18, I'm 14 lol but if I win I'll be sure to let my mom know.

Yes for those under 18 perhaps your parent can call me or something. I do realize all the tricks and loopholes with that or an email but yeah.

Yes for those under 18 perhaps your parent can call me or something. I do realize all the tricks and loopholes with that or an email but yeah.

Ok no problem. Gotta win first though!

I promise I'd only send worms and I'll put my full name and address in the return so parents can feel comfortable. I've had a couple businesses in the past and one can easily look up my address to confirm who I am.

I would feed them to my guppies, adults and fry. My community tanks of angels, loaches, etc would also enjoy them as a treat.

I would feed them to my new GBR they deserve good love food and a worm culture would be perfect to them. I would also feed them to my angels who are growing faster than any other of my fish! Also some espei rasboras, corys and a pleco might be able to snag some. I honestly can say I have my parents permission (13) but I guess they can email you if you want? Is that ok?

Sent via the power of my aching thumbs

Killifish Australe
Gertrudae Rainbows
Green Neon Tetras
Badis Badis
Royal Farlowella Cat
CPOs

So I am not sure if all of them will enjoy the worms, and that my Farlowella is more of a vegetarian. However all my fish get to the Daphnia and other foods before my Badis Badis gets to them. I think this culture would be a perfect way to target feed a very nutritious meal to these guys, and my wife has me on a very tight aquarium budget so I'm trying to work within that.

Thanks for the awesome RAOK!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Killifish Australe
Gertrudae Rainbows
Green Neon Tetras
Badis Badis
Royal Farlowella Cat
CPOs

So I am not sure if all of them will enjoy the worms, and that my Farlowella is more of a vegetarian. However all my fish get to the Daphnia and other foods before my Badis Badis gets to them. I think this culture would be a perfect way to target feed a very nutritious meal to these guys, and my wife has me on a very tight aquarium budget so I'm trying to work within that.

Thanks for the awesome RAOK!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have an A.Australe too.

I will talk to parents after I pick winners. Thinking of closing the contest Monday at noon Central time with daylight savings -- aka Chicago time.

I guess I'll try and see my luck. I could really use these little guys though. My gold ocellatus pair keeps spawning and my fry are born so small, they would love these little guys, and I'd also use them to feed to my new wild-caught rainbow darters for a treat, and they'd probably go to my CPDs and the pygmaeus cories too. Those worms would definitely be useful though. And I'm just barely under 18, curse you 17. ?

Sent via echolocation

I may just draw names honestly. Everyone has good answers so far.

Hi Bren! Nice of you to do this. I've been culturing mosquito larvae and brine shrimp and looking to branch out. Obviously not all of my fish would eat white worms but my stock is as follows:
Metynnis rubrippinus
Hi fin lyretail
Rasbora vulcanus
Napo tetra
Kerri tetra
Gold pristella tetra
Red phantom tetra
Farlowella
Corydoras metae
Corydoras trilineatus
Boraras maculatus
Otocinclus
Corydoras Habrosus
Corydoras pygmaeus
Black neon tetra
Betta splendens
Angelfish
Panda garra
Zebra loach
Marbled hatchetfish
Corydoras ambiacus
Corydoras Delphax
Corydoras rabauti
Corydoras "schwartzi" black
Aspidoras sp
Brochis splendens
Lepidiolamprologus hecqui
Altolamprologus calvus
Eretmodus cyanostictus
Julidochromis regani kipili
Odessa barbs
Kuhli loach
Horseface loach

Whew!
Also I am over 18 :)

Hi Bren! Nice of you to do this. I've been culturing mosquito larvae and brine shrimp and looking to branch out. Obviously not all of my fish would eat white worms but my stock is as follows:
Metynnis rubrippinus
Hi fin lyretail
Rasbora vulcanus
Napo tetra
Kerri tetra
Gold pristella tetra
Red phantom tetra
Farlowella
Corydoras metae
Corydoras trilineatus
Boraras maculatus
Otocinclus
Corydoras Habrosus
Corydoras pygmaeus
Black neon tetra
Betta splendens
Angelfish
Panda garra
Zebra loach
Marbled hatchetfish
Corydoras ambiacus
Corydoras Delphax
Corydoras rabauti
Corydoras "schwartzi" black
Aspidoras sp
Brochis splendens
Lepidiolamprologus hecqui
Altolamprologus calvus
Eretmodus cyanostictus
Julidochromis regani kipili
Odessa barbs
Kuhli loach
Horseface loach

Whew!
Also I am over 18 :)

Where'd you get the eretmodus cyanostictus?? I've been looking for a pair of those for a while now

Sent via echolocation

I wouldn't mind some! I've been meaning to start some different live food cultures. I would feed them to probably all my fish- conditioning my pair of angels and rams, my multis; treats for my guppies and betta; and of course lots of worms for all the loaches- their wild diet is primarily invertebrates and they absolutely relish worms (well, the kind that don't infest their gut...). Would also be good for fattening up bigger fry!

Keegster find Anthony Stissi he runs Sicichlids out of Staten Island and has AWESOME fish, reasonable prices, great to deal with, he's got some in stock now

I would feed these to several different things. I have my African dwarf frog who would love these. I also have a brackish tank that has many fish that only eat live or frozen foods. My bumble bee gobies would enjoy them along with my freshwater sole, and mudskippers. I already feed my gobies micro worms but they have to eat so many of them to get full

Back
Top Bottom