I am a relatively new member here, and I read the rules... if I break any please kindly comment or send me a PM. It is not my intention!
A. allpahuayo "yellow" Male in aggressive coloration (not my picture):
I have pairs and unsexed groups of Apistogramma allpahuayo "Yellow" that were imported from Peru in October of this year available. They have gone through a rigorous quarantine and preparation process.
A little bit more about the species:
A. allpahuayo is a "cacatuoides class" Apistogramma that originates from Peru. There are three commercilly collected forms: Blue, Yellow, and another form from the Rio Tigre.
Allpahuayo is the name of region that the fish was originally discovered, named after a nature reserve that is commonly used as the grounds for sustainable fish collection during the dry season (when fish trapped in small pools of water generally dry out).
These fish were sustainably collected, imported, expertly handled, and are now being offered for sale.
My prices are negotiable, but my general practice is to sell pairs at 25$, 2 pairs for 45$, 3 pairs for 65$.
- Priority Mail, 2-3 day shipping (Medium or Large box, depending on order size)
- DOA means cost of fish will be refunded or additional fish will be shipped out...
- Paypal payment as "goods and services" is the only method of payment that I accept... for personal and buyer protection.
- Fish are shipped on Mondays, every other week. Next shipping day is this upcoming Monday (Dec. 11th)
Something new, that I hope to try out soon, is provide people with materials for setting up an Apistogramma specific tank...
What is meant by this?
I will send you a package with all the necessary goods for starting a nice habitat for the fish that you may want to purchase from me or another vendor... most people struggle with finding affordable materials for keeping Apistogramma, and generally they struggle with buying the most necessary items. For this reason, I decided to try and offer these materials for people to purchase additionally.
I hope to send the package a few weeks in advance, so the person has ample time to setup
What is included?
Depending on your choice in tank size, I offer these materials:
1) Superfine, round sand - natural colors - similar to what you might find in the tributaries and creeks that these fish are found.
2) Organically sourced leaf litter (Oak, Magnolia, and other leaves)
3) Coconut caves
4) Driftwood piece(s)
5) Yarn spawning mop(s)
1) Dither fishes included with the purchase of an Apistogramma pair
2) Heaters, Hikari brand foods, etc.
My goal with this is to see less people struggle keeping the beautiful fish that I truly love... many of these species are disappearing from the hobby and are losing demand because people simply don't understand the "how" of keeping them... if I provide that and the quality fish, I feel as if anyone can have success. For prices, please send me a PM or a comment.
Thanks for your help. Here are some links to pages that I have created, or where you can learn more about me, and see some pictures of the fish I keep!3
Shane's Fishroom Thread: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...om-363043.html
Shane's Fishroom Facebook: 'Shane's Fishroom' in search bar
In2Deep Aquatics Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/In2DeepAquatics/